100% Australian Active Jelly Bush Honey with a 25+/996MGO Active Sterility Rating.
A must for your first aid kit! Truly the most natural way to treat wounds internally and externally! A 100% natural product created by nature to nurture you and your family.
Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Biotic, Anti-Fungal & Anti-Septic.
Where does it come from?
Our 100% Natural and Organically obtained honey comes from Stradbroke Island, the most easterly point on the Australian Coast Line. Most of the island is dedicated to National Park and is surrounded by crystal clear water, one of the most pristine environments in Australia for bees to flourish. The bees collect nectar and pollen from the native Jelly Bush Plant, a native plant known for it’s medicinal qualities. It grows naturally in abundance in the swampy coastal area’s of South East Queensland.
The Jelly Bush plant “Leptospermum Polygalifolium” belongs to the same species as New Zealand’s Manuka Ti Tree. The bees feed on this plant’s nectar and pollen, producing a honey with healing properties.
Jelly-Bush Honey is a thick, jelly-like extraction, coarse strained to retail pollen in a warmed room and obtained using only organic principles.
This is 100% Australian and tested in Australia.
- To soothe a sore throat and treat flu and cold symptoms
- Treat mouth ulcers or ulcers of the stomach
- Use as an ointment to promote healing of wounds, ulcers/infections.
- Use as ointment to soothe and heal burns – pain will be reduced within minutes and protects the wound from infection. A dry film of skin will be visible within a day or two. I promise you, I have used this many times to treat my burns from kitchen mishaps and neither my husband or have scars to prove them!
- Use as an ointment to keep broken or grazed skin moist, preventing dressings sticking to wounds and having to start the healing process over again. The honey reduces pain on the affected area and heals the wound without scarring. Mothers trick, give your child a spoon of honey whilst you treat wounds as they calm down when sucking on the spoon, it’s hard to cry when you’re sucking on a spoon of yummy honey!
Not suitable for infants under 12 months.
Store in a cool place away from direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate.
Please note our next batch of straws will be utilising environmentally friendly, bio-degradable straws.
Read more information about Jelly Bush Honey and its uses.